Sunday, November 29, 2009

How much did it cost?

As I grow older, I find that I am becoming more & more open about my faith. I won't hit you over the head with it, but I am not about to hide it either. Lately it seems as though the best way to express my beliefs has been through songs. Specifically worship songs.

It's always awe inspiring when I sit in service & start singing, realizing that the song is speaking directly to me. Sure they put the titles of the songs on the screen prior to service beginning & I'll take a peek - make sure I know the song. But rarely do I actually THINK about the song until we start singing.

Today was one of those days. I loved the 3 songs that we sang today, but it was the 3rd one that REALLY spoke to me - especially since we are in this season of CHRISTmas. We observe this holiday to reflect on the birth of a Savior - our Savior. I am well aware that Jesus was not actually born on December 25, but more likely during the spring.

I digress.

For me, Christmas is about the birth & resurrection of my Savior. You see, there couldn't have been a resurrection if there wasn't a birth. Thinking of that baby born in a manager 2000 years ago gets me to thinking about His death. Jesus endured a PAINFUL & humiliating death so that I may live in Heaven for eternity.

That brings me to today's 3rd song. Once again, it's a Chris Tomlin song - God seems to really speak to me through Chris' words. Today, the song 'Here I am to Worship' helped drive home the reality of what was put into action the moment that Jesus was born.
I'll never know how much it cost
To see my sin upon that cross
I'll never know how much it cost
To see my sin upon that cross
And I'll never know how much it cost
To see my sin upon that cross
No, I'll never know how much it cost
I will never know how it broke God's heart to see His only Son upon that cross, suffering for sins that He did not commit, but for the sins that I would commit in my life. I will never fully comprehend the amount of love that God has for me that He was so willing to draw me closer to Him through the death & resurrection of His Son.

What I do know is that God truly does love me. He set a plan in motion thousands of years ago because of His love for me - and YOU!

And it doesn't cost ME a thing.

Many blessings,
Allison



Lyrics | Chris Tomlin - Here I Am To Worship lyrics

No comments: