Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Broken Road


On a stormy November day in 1997, I was blessed to marry an amazing man. November 2nd we celebrate our 12th year of marriage.

I would have never imagined that our lives would have turned out the way they have. We've experienced tremendous ups & downs, the births of 2 beautiful children, and moved away from our families. Our marriage has survived and grows stronger each day.

As I look back on my life, not just my married life, I see that God has prepared me for this relationship. While my teenage years were spent looking for a man to love me, God led me to the man that He hand-picked for me. The only way to describe it are the words to the beautiful song "Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts.

Every long lost dream
Led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart
They were like Northern stars
Pointing me on my way
Into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you





Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: