Saturday, November 21, 2009

Justin's favorite recipe

Anyone who REALLY knows me can attest that I am not a cook. Most are usually surprised that I can boil water. Craig is the cook of the family. That is, until recently.

With me being unemployed and Craig working later hours, I've decided to start cooking. Now, we're NOT talking about gourmet meals here. Actually, I'm quite a fan of casseroles & crock pot meals.

I've decided to share a favorite. Well, it's actually JUSTIN's favorite. He's our picky eater, yet cannot get enough of this one.

Chicken cordon bleu casserole
2 lbs. chicken breast, chunks
flour
1/2 c. 2% milk
8 oz. baby swiss cheese, chunk
8 oz. ham, diced
1 can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
1 c. 2% milk

Dip chicken in 1/2 c. milk, then flour. Brown in skillet until golden.

Place browned chunks in 9x13 baking dish.
Add swiss cheese & ham.
Mix soup & 1 c. milk.
Pour over dish.


Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

We usually serve with egg noodles & broccoli.
Enjoy!!!

Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: