Thursday, November 12, 2009

Blessings abound

Praise God, from whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heav'nly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost!

I remember singing this as a kid in church... never understood what it 'meant'. Just knew that it was a vital part of our religious ceremony. Every so often the tune would change slightly, but the words were always the same. I can't even remember which part of the service it was sung.

Enough of the stroll down memory lane.

God has been blessing us in small ways and each time this song pops in my head. I think it's because I love putting a 'soundtrack' to my life - I need to think in music. While His blessings may seem small to us - they're blessings nonetheless. He provides when we can't... heck, He provides no matter what.

As we enter into this season of thanksgiving, I know that I have much to be thankful for. What are you thankful for?

Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: