Monday, December 14, 2009

Nothing much

It was a fairly quiet day today. Just me & Ava hanging at the house. The sleepy little girl gave me a treat with a 3 hour nap. Bonus for me - since I napped right along with her.

On the other hand, we did get an unexpected visitor today. My mom decided to pop on by for a visit. She's got stuff going on & needed to get away. Just a mini vacation. We're up for it - of course. The kids would prefer to stay home from school this week & visit with their Mima, but we're making them go - mean parents that we are. What will make things fun for them is that they'll be able to celebrate Christmas early with her.

Sometimes you just need a little love from family members to make things feel a little better. That exactly what we're hoping to give her. Grandchildren love to get her through.

Tomorrow will be a busy day. Between watching Ava, a doctor appointment for me to review my MRI & reemployment meeting at unemployment, I've got my hands full. I'm interested to see what's going on with my knee. My hopes & prayers are that they FIND a reason for the pain and we can fix it. Whether that means surgery or just weight loss (or both), I don't know.

I do have a quick prayer request. My middle sister is going for a mammogram tomorrow. She's found a few lumps. While we are sure that all is well, because of the history of breast cancer in our family we are asking for prayers.

I guess that's all I have for now. I told you, it wasn't going to be much.

Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: