Monday, December 28, 2009

A new perspective

I went back through my blog to read some of the things that I've written over the past year. I stumbled across the post I wrote about my story. That's when I read the comment. I mean, it's not the 1st time I've read the comment, but it is the 1st time I've READ the comment.

My online friend, Lynette, had wonderful words to say & shared a piece of scripture with me.

Genesis 50:20 "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good..."

The bad things that have happened in my life, God has used them for good. Yes, I could wallow in self-pity and allow myself to remain a victim - but that's what Satan had planned all along. However God has shown me (through His word) that He can use those things to further His Kingdom.

I'm a work in progress... you've followed my journey this long. I hope you continue to come along for the ride. I have a feeling 2010 is going to be an interesting one.

Many blessings,
Allison

1 comment:

Joyeful said...

I remember reading your story! That scripture is so powerful!! And it explains so perfectly why "bad things happen to good people" sometimes. God is not the author of evil. He ALWAYS intends good towards us! What a great reminder and what a wonderful promise!