Sunday, December 27, 2009

Gift of love

Every so often, I have fleeting thoughts of the child I miscarried almost 2 years ago. In March 2008, I didn't know I was pregnant and miscarried. As much as I know that it was for the best, it really broke my heart. That baby would have been due around Christmas/early January.

This past November, I had the tremendous honor of watching a friend's daughter. Ava is a beautiful 11 month little girl, full of spunk! While watching Ava one day, I realized that the baby that I had lost would have been the same age. While Ava isn't mine, it blessed me to have time with a child the same age as the one that I lost.

I am so thankful to my friend for giving me that time with Ava. I will cherish it always. Seeing her zip around the house in a walker was just priceless for me.

What a blessing to have a friend like this... who unknowingly gave me such a special gift.

I cannot wait to be able to pass that gift on to someone else one day as we open our home to foster children. The gift of LOVE.

Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: