Friday, December 11, 2009

Having fun!

In my unemploymentness, I've been helping a few friends out by watching their children. I'll be honest as much as I have enjoyed it, it has been an eye opening experience for me.

Yes, I know I have 2 children and that I should be used to caring for babies, but you've got to remember that my children are 11 & 9. It has been quite a while since I have to tend to a child under the age of 1. Some things are like riding a bike - you never forget. But then some things have become foreign to me - what cry means what.

It has been fun though. I've really enjoyed watching the girls personalities emerge. Seeing them interact has been precious! Even though they are 5 months & 11 months, they still 'talk' to one another. They'll even play together.

There's a slight part of me that misses it, but then I see my children & how they've grown and I get to remember those moments and enjoy the ones that are ahead for us.


Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: