Thursday, December 3, 2009

Mommy moment

I've been helping out two friends who needed some babysitting. It's been an interesting time. It's been a while since I've had a baby around, let alone TWO!

When I do have the two girls, I pretty much stay in the house until it's time to drop them off. You see, one is 5 months old and the other is 11 months. Diaper bags, bottles, & what not - WOW! I haven't had to worry about those in about 7 years!!!

Today, my beautiful daughter calls from school to tell me that she forgot her math homework and would I please bring it to the school. Um... really? Seriously? You want me to try to leave the house with 2 babies all alone? She graciously said that I didn't have to; she would take the zero and the silent lunch. That was fine with me.

Or was it? NOPE! I felt horrible. This is my daughter & she's asked me for help. To make matters worse, math is one of the subjects that she struggles with. She worked really hard on that homework last night and there was no way I could let her take a zero because I wanted to be LAZY!

So, I packed up the girls into the minivan, called Chelsea back & headed over to the school. Not thinking clearly, I managed to prop one on my left hip & the other on my right, crinkling the homework in my hand. Oh the looks I got!!! Some people were even nice enough to offer to hold one of the girls for me. Being that they didn't belong to me, I wouldn't let them leave my arms!

Let me tell you - it was WORTH IT! Never do I want my children to think that something or someone else comes before them. That is the furthest from the truth.

I hope that my daughter knows how much I love her. Not just because I brought her homework, but just because I really do. She's is my precious gift from God.

Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: