Monday, December 7, 2009

My favorite ornament

After putting up our tree & decorating it this weekend, I've picked out my FAVORITE ornament. Don't get me wrong - I love all of the ornaments on my tree. They each old a special meaning. But this one... it just says it all!

About a week ago, I wrote a post about my son & Santa. I've been rather discouraged this holiday season because of the lack of magic. Yet seeing this ornament yesterday brought it all back.

This ornament reminded me of the verse Romans 14:11 "It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.'". How true! While Santa is wonderful to 'celebrate' this time of year, even he kneels at the manager to honor Jesus.

How beautiful the sentiment of this ornament. My in-laws gave it to us several year back. Each year we put it on the tree, I fall in love with it a little bit more. This year, it became my all-time favorite.

What is your favorite ornament? Feel free to share pictures.

Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: