Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Give me a call....

A few years after moving to Georgia, we opted to get rid of our home phone & only use cellphones. Craig & I both have one. 99% of the time, if my MIL wants to talk to the kids or something, she calls Craig. I could probably count on 2 hands how many times she's called MY phone since living here.

That is until recently.....

My mother-in-law has FINALLY entered the 21st century! She got internet at her house which came with a FREE laptop. NICE DEAL - right? SURE. However, because of my background in IT/computers, I have become my MIL's personal IT guru.

Not sure how to open up an email? Give me a call.

Not sure what SPAM is? Give me a call.

Have 4 friends 'peeking' on you? Give me a call.

Want to bookmark a website address? Give me a call.

Are you seeing the theme here... GIVE ME A CALL.

I don't mind helping her. It's kind of funny actually. Trying to figure out what she's looking at while I'm 6 or so states away is a challenge.

Here's a typical conversation:

MIL: What does it mean that 4 friends peeked at me?

ME: Umm, not sure. Where do you see that?

MIL: On my email page.

ME: Is it IN an email?

MIL: No, just on the page. Oh, and I have 1 online friend. I think it's you.

ME: Yep, it's me. (Go on to explain yahoo IM/email feature).

MIL: So, should I see what friends are peeking at me?

ME: No, I don't think they're really friends.

MIL: I'm gonna look.

ME: I wouldn't. Wait... is it a little box at the top of your email page with a picture of a random person?

MIL: Yes, do you know them too?

ME: NO!! It's just an ad. You don't know them. TRUST ME!!!

I have a feeling I'll be hearing from her a LOT more frequently now. Just tonight, she had to go because she was getting another call... which means she'll call me back.

Ahhh... the benefits of knowledge.

Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: