Friday, January 22, 2010

My very 1st award!!!!


How honored I was to find out that my online pal, Zizzie, had chosen me for this award!

Here are the rules:

1. Copy the award image into a post.
2. List 10 things that make you happy.
3. Tag 10 bloggers who brighten your day.
4. Put in a link to their blogs.
5. Notify the award receivers.
6. Recipients should link back to the sender’s blog.

List 10 Things That Make Me Happy:

1. My husband, Craig - I have been blessed to have Craig in my life since we were 15 years old. We've had our ups & downs, but every step of the way I have felt his love for me grow.

2. My children, Chelsea & Justin - The moment those 5 pregnancy tests showed that I was pregnant, I knew that life would NEVER be the same. It's been a wild ride so far and I'm loving every minute with my children. It's wonderful to see their personalities grow over time.

3. Friends - I cannot even begin to name them all. I have friends in my life that I've known since childhood & then friends who I've only known for a year. Each person has touched my life in such a profound way. They've all been blessings.

4. Reading - I cannot get enough of books! Craig often wonders why I bother to buy books when I manage to read them within a day or two. My brain craves knowledge - even if its just a fluff book. I'd rather read a good book than watch a movie. My brain is my own movie theater.

5. Photography - I've been taking pictures for years for my unfinished scrapbooks, but only recently have taken a real interests in how to make my pictures 'better'. I'd love to take a class of some sort to teach me more about it.

6. Scrapbooking - even though I've yet to finish one, I love creating a work of art using pictures. What colorful ways to capture precious memories.

7. Stamping - I need to start up again now that I have a great craft area. Stamping is not an exact science. Anyone can do it & feel like they've created a masterpiece. My favorite part of stamping is giving to someone I know will appreciate it.

8. My family - we've seen a lot of tough times over the years, but I think we've managed to build stronger relationships. We definitely put the FUN in dysFUNctional!

9. Singing - I love to sing!!! Doesn't matter what it is - in fact I've been known to belt out Ave Maria a time or two (and have it recorded). I may not be the best singer, but singing makes my heart happy.

10. The night sky - something about being able to look up into the night sky and be surrounded by millions of stars. Knowing that God created it all for me so that I may delight in it.

Tag 10 Bloggers Who Brighten My Day:

1. Zizzie Happeningings - Zizzie found me on a great stamping website. Eventually we realized that we both live in Georgia and fairly nearby one another. I'm hoping that one day VERY SOON I'll get to meet her in real life.
2. Dancing Barefoot on Weathered Ground - honestly, I'm not even sure HOW I stumbled upon Lynnette's blog, but I LOVE it! Lynnette is SO transparent about her life & the loss of 3 of her beautiful children. Again, someone that I would love meet me IRL one day.
3. Basement Stamper - this is my friend's, Kim, blog. She is such a talented stamper.. I hop on over there for inspiration - though I've yet to recreate any of it.
4. Secret Keeper Girl - if you're a mom of a preteen girl, then this is the place for you!! Dannah & her staff are so creative in finding ways to teach our precious jewels fashionably dressed while maintaining modesty. If you can get to one of their mother/daughter conferences, DO IT!!!
5. Ginger Garrett - I met Ginger at church a few years ago & have become one of her biggest fans! She has written several fiction & non-fiction books that have shaped my life. From Esther to Esther's beauty secrets, Ginger is someone who uses her gift to bring women to a whole new light.
6. Make Music From Your Heart To The Lord - I was introduced to Sara's blog last year when I started Project 365... I have enjoyed getting to know her better... and I enjoyed Project 365 so much last year that I joined again this year. If you have a blog, I highly recommend jumping in on this project.
7. Pearls & Pumps - Stephanie is a wonderful friend & this is her blog. If you want to see a miracle, read the story of her precious daughter, Alaina. Amazing to see God's hand at work in this family's life.
8. Before I Forget - My friend, Julie, doesn't blog as often as I would like. :) However, following her story of adoption since the beginning has been yet another example of God's hand in our lives.
9. Bring the Rain - it all started with this blog. Angie's husband is a member of the Christian recording group, Selah. In April 2008 (I think that's when it was), I heard about her blog on a local Christian station. When I checked it out, I was captivated. This woman is a strong Christian who admits her weaknesses. She's been transparent about the loss of her precious Audrey. And now her family is about to welcome a new member.
10. Samuel's Heart - The story of the life & death of a sweet boy, Samuel. Reading how this family is healing their broken heart while clinging to God has been inspiring.

Thanks again Zizzie for selecting my blog!

Many blessings,
Allison

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Allison, THANKS! What a blessing to know that you love my blog. :) You are just too sweet.

Have a beautiful day.
Love,
Lynnette
PS I'm with on loving hubby, children, friends, photography, reading, and the night sky. I would also add: BLOGGING! Yes, I love blogging - because I have followers like YOU. :)

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

You are welcome for the Award... I always look forward to reading your blog...

Have a blessed day!
Elizabeth