Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Addicted to plastic surgery

I should be in bed... instead, I'm hanging on the computer, listening to the TV. Of course, it's not like I have anything intelligent on (E! network). I couldn't even begin to tell you what show is on. It's mainly background noise.

Well, it WAS background noise until just a few minutes ago.

I have NO clue who Heidi Montag is. I have never seen the show 'The Hills'. What drew me in to her story is the fact that this young woman recently underwent 10 plastic surgeries. 10!!!

What horrible body image this poor girl has of herself that she felt as though she needed to 'correct' herself in such a dramatic way. It truly just breaks my heart.

Shame on our society for placing such high importance on looks & being thin. Who do we think we are to determine what is considered beautiful. Why can't we just be happy with what God has given us?

Mothers, grandmother, aunts & friends - we need to take charge here & stop allowing our daughters, sisters & friends to compare their outward appearance to photo shopped images. They need to know that they are made exactly the way God intended them to be. That they ARE beautiful! God doesn't look at what is on the outside, but what is on our inside.

Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: