Saturday, January 2, 2010

To do in 2010

You won't be getting any resolutions out of me this year. I've tried them in the past & it just didn't work out. Statistics show that by TODAY a THIRD of us have already broken our resolutions. To that I say WHY BOTHER!

This year, I've decided to do a checklist of sorts. Things that I would like to accomplish in 2010. Nothing big like world peace or world domination (I'll save that for NEXT year); little stuff that is a LOT more achievable. While they may seem little on 'paper', to me they're just as important as world peace.

To do:

~ Enroll in school.
This may sound simple, but there's a lot to it. I've got a few grants to apply for, programs to decide on.

~ Find a job.
Going to school will probably be a full-time job in itself, but I am going to need something else to sustain our income. Whether I'll go for a full-time or part-time job, I'm not real sure.

~ Exercise.
Yeah, I'd like to say exercise more, but the ugly truth is I don't exercise at all. Friends want to take a Zumba class. I've got a Wii Fit - it's about time I use it.

~ Lose weight.
As much as I would like to put a nice lofty goal here, quite honestly I just need to start slow & realistic. I've got a LOT of weight that I NEED to lose. I need to just take it one pound at a time.

~ Read Bible daily.
Yeah, again I'd like to say that I'm engrossed in His word daily, but that would be a lie. I'm not trying to read it in a year. Just read it daily and meditate on it.

Not a bad list. It's all attainable. Some will take some hard work & determination, but I can do it. Wanna hold me accountable? Want me to hold YOU accountable for your 2010 To Do List?

Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: