Saturday, January 17, 2009

Here I go again....

How many times can I blog in one day? I think this is a record for me.

Anywhoo, several months ago I wrote an entry about an amazing volunteering opportunity that came my way with a special group called 'Rape Response'. Unforunately, my schedule was not all that forgiving and I was not able to participate in the training. So, I've been in limbo.

Lately, I've been re-evaluating the different volunteer roles that I have at church. I've lost the fire, the drive, the excitement. I've been volunteering to fulfill an obligation. Plain and simple. Those positions started out as ones that I felt called to do. However, now I'm wondering if I'm even making a difference. I feel detached. I just want to be a person at church, fade into the woodwork.

Then I get an email today that only reaffirms God's plan for me. Rape Response training is coming up in February. I've checked my schedule and as long as I can find a sitter for the Saturday session (Craig will be away with his boys), I can begin this long awaited training.

I know what you're thinking, "what does volunteering with rape victims have to do with volunteering at church". Nothing really, but I've made a few decisions and feel that they have helped open up the time needed for this new adventure. This adventure that has captured my heart.

Please pray for me as I begin this training. I will be getting a LOT of information. I ask that God protects my heart & my mind. That the stories that I encounter do not stir up my own. I pray that God uses me in such a way that these victims see Him in me. God can use even the worst of a situation to bring out the best.

Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: