Thursday, January 22, 2009

Today's thought

Is it possible to reconnect with old friends and not dredge up the old negative memories that go along with the friendship?

A few posts ago, I blogged about Facebook & how much fun I was having reconnecting with old friends. It's great to talk to people and see what's going on in their lives; talk about the fun times you had together. But then, the not so fun times come creeping up on you.

I've reconnected with some friends from youth group. Youth group was an important time in my life. From the time I was 14 until 16, youth group was my life. Learning about God, developing a relationship with Him; developing friendships with other people my age who loved God. I really came into my own during that time. Yet, it was also a time of sorrow& hurt. Someone that I trusted destroyed a piece of me. I lost a lot of friends during that time.

I want so much to rebuild those friendships/relationships, but there’s that nagging sense of fear hiding in the depths of my mind & heart. They aren’t the ones who necessarily hurt me, but they represent that time in my life.

I’ve moved on since then, but maybe I haven’t. Does having those feelings resurface mean I haven't moved on? Who knows.

Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: