Friday, January 2, 2009

You say you want a resolution.....

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I can't believe it's 2009. Amazing! Hope you had a safe yet fun celebration. We hung with the neighbors, as we have for the past 4 years.

Tis the new year so that means time for resolutions. I know, I know.... most resolutions are broken by the time you get to the 15th day of the new year. But I'm still going to give it a try. I've thought long & hard about what I want to do this year. Here it goes:

1) regular workout routine - we got a Wii Fit for Christmas and I want to use it.

2) eat healthy - I know I need to lose weight (who doesn't), but I won't focus all my attention on it. Instead, I plan on just eating healthy - losing weight will just come naturally.

3) go back to school - my mind is turning to grits (cheese grits). Time to get my butt back in school and start learning something that interests me.

4) focus on my marriage - not that I'm not focused on it, but I need to make it a priority. Craig bought me 'The Love Dare' for our anniversary in November. Now I/we need to put it into practice.

I thought of things like 'change personality' but then opted against it. I mean, sure I've been told "there's something about your personality that just isn't right, but we can't quite put our finger on it" and that hurt like heck, BUT my personality is what makes me ME!!! I may rub people the wrong way (I am from Jersey you know), but that's just a small facet of what makes me who I am.

What are your resolutions? Do you want help keeping them? Need an accountability partner? Drop me a line!!

Many blessings in 2009,
Allison

No comments: