Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Caution: I need to rant

For those of you who actually read my blogs (does anyone?), I am usually a live & let live kind of person. My beliefs, morals, values do not have to be everyone elses. I don't think I have ever forced them on another person.

Why is it that so many (not all) homeschooling parents feel compelled to criticize those of us who choose NOT to homeschool? Is that part of the curriculm? Intolerance of others.

My husband & I have chosen not to homeschool for a variety of reasons, reasons that are personal to us. Yet, there are people who have actually attacked our decision, stating that we are bad Christian parents; that we obviously do not care for the well-being of our children.

That is the furthest thing from the truth. We love our children with all of our heart & would do ANYTHING to keep them safe.

I'm not against homeschooling. To each their own (isn't that the saying?). If you choose to homeschool, then go for it. That is your choice - your right. But all I ask is that you do not bash MY decision for my children.

Sorry - I just had to get this out.

Many blessings,
Allison

1 comment:

susan said...

Hi! I came to your blog from MckMama's and had to leave a comment on this post. We too chose to send our daughter to public school. She had the best teachers all the way through. My opinion is if ALL the christian parents chose to homeschool, who would be a witness to those in public school who don't know Jesus? Just an FYI, our daughter chose to finish her junior and senior year in homeschool. Nothing to do with anything except our schools here are hugely overcrowed. Rant on Sister!
Susan