Saturday, January 24, 2009

Confessions of an over eater

Several months ago, I admitted that I was a closet binger. Yes, it’s wonderful to be able to admit your problem, but it takes more than that. Last night, I finally admitted to my adoring husband that I had a problem with food. While I didn’t go into detail about my binging & hiding (what I ate), I admitted that it was a problem and one that he really is not aware of, especially the severity of it.

Now, my first step is to get help; professional help. This is more than just not eating healthy. This is about changing my mindset; realizing that I need to stop using food as a crutch and start leaning more & more on God. I am looking into Overeaters Anonymous. Of course, there are only 2 in my area & they meet at inconvenient times, but I have to make the sacrifice.

I am prepared for a battle. Satan has a hold on this area of my life – I realize that now. Not only will I seek out the help of OA, but I am seeking your prayers. I honestly do not know how many (if any) people read my blog, but for those of you who do I would appreciate your prayers. This is going to be a battle – I need strength. Please feel free to share bible verses with me or anything else that comes to mind.

Thank you for your support.

Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: