Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Time for my plan B

So, it's been a few days since I found out that I did not get the 911 operator position. I think that I mourned the loss for the first day or so because I really felt that was the direction that God was leading me.

Now I need to figure out what's next. Quite honestly, I'm not sure where to begin. I didn't really have a plan B figured out because I really thought plan A was going to work.

Part of me just wants to sit & wallow in what I lost, but then I realize that it's just a job. A job that wasn't meant for ME! There are people who lose SO much more and pick up the pieces and go on with their lives. That's what I plan on doing.

My plan B - go back to school. There's a few things that I need to do to get this ball rolling. I'm praying - desperately - that financial aid will work out where I won't have to put out any money up front. We're just not in the financial position to do THAT right now. I know the question that just popped into your head - what will you study? Hold on to your hats!

NURSING!! Yep, nursing. I'd like to go into either obstetrics or forensic nursing. OB for the obvious reason of helping to bring life into the world. Forensic because it's always been a fascinating topic for me. Why not combine nursing & forensics?

In the meantime, I'll look for a job. Maybe not a full time one, since I'd rather go to school full time. Yet I do need to do something to bring money in for the family. The holidays are fast approaching and there is much gift shopping to do. I've already started my lists!!!

There you go... the next step. As long as it's in God's plan for me. It'll be interesting to see how this goes.

Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: