Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Seriously now!!!

Thankfully my children have not really fallen prey to name brand fashion. I'll admit, I've created a monster when it comes to Chelsea & Vera Bradley. However, that's easy enough to maintain. I'm talking about clothing here.

I don't know about you, but everywhere I go I see kids/tweens/teens sporting Abercrombie & Fitch clothing. That A & F is all over! However, what I am dismayed at is there blatant disregard for their clientele. Seriously, do they expect parents to purchase these tees for their children? Moms of sons, would you really want your son to wear this?


What type of message does this send to our sons? It's acceptable to objectify young women? It's ok to treat women as sex objects?

What type of message does it send to our daughters; you're only worth being with if you show off your body. It's all about what's on the outside.

We need to take a stand Mom! Let Abercrombie & Fitch know that we will not allow our children to be subjected to this type of garbage. Want to know how? Just check out Vicki Courtney's website for the information. I've already sent them an email and I hope that you will too. We need to let the fashion industry know that we are NOT ok with our children being used like this. They can be fashionable and modest at the same time.


It's worth the fight!
Allison

No comments: