Thursday, September 3, 2009

Farewell to the age of innocence

Tonight, I prepare to take my daughter to Curriculum Night at her middle school. Not only will I be walking her schedule & meeting her teachers, but I will apparently be privy to a discussion on the dangers of 'sex-ting'.

I'm gonna be honest, I've heard of 'sex-ting' but never gave it much of a thought when it came to my own children. They aren't plugged in quite yet. I mean, yes, Chelsea does have a cellphone, but we have disabled texting on her phone. At this rate, I don't think we'll be activating it anytime soon either.

Reality is setting in for me. Life really isn't the same as it was when I was a kid. I highly doubt my parents had to worry about sexual harassment and I KNOW there wasn't any sex-ting - there weren't any cellphones back then.

How does a parent keep the innocence of their child in today's morally corrupt society? It seriously scares me - this world that we live in. All I can do is pray - pray hard for my children's minds to be protected, that Craig & I are involved in their lives to where we can see the warning signs, that God will equip us with tools needed to counteract what's the 'norm'.

Parents, join me in praying for our nation's children. We need to protect them from the garbage that is out there. Some may call it sheltering, I call it LOVING.

Many blessings,
Allison

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I am so fearful for my son's future temptations! I hate the devil for waiting out there for him as he gets older. I pray for all mothers and fathers who are trying to raise godly children.