Thursday, August 27, 2009

I am home

A little over 5 years ago, my family & I ventured out on an adventure. We packed up our belongings (well, a moving company did that) and headed on down south. Way down south - Georgia. We left northern NJ, everything & everyone that we knew & loved for the great unknown in Georgia.

Saying goodbye was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I'm not good at goodbye. Never have been - may never be.

My best friend gave me a movie as my going away/birthday gift - Sweet Home Alabama. I had never watched it before. I'm glad I did.

One thing my friend wanted me to take from that movie is that you can ALWAYS go home. I've held onto that sentiment for many years. It has only been recently that I realize that while you CAN always go home, home is where the HEART is. My heart - it's right here in Georgia living in the same house.

My favorite line from the movie was Reese Witherspoon saying
'Jake, you were the 1st boy I ever kissed and I want you to be the last.'
It's ironic. Craig is the first boy that I ever kissed and he is my last.

You can always go home.. you just have to remember exactly WHERE home is. My advice - check your heart.

Many blessings,
Allison

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Yes, I am a Georgia girl - born and raised!

I love that movie!!