Sunday, August 30, 2009

We are Secret Keeper Girls!

Yesterday's event leaves me speechless ~ who would have thought!

I was on the verge of tears for the entire night. Not tears of sadness, but tears of JOY! Finally, an event for Moms & Daughters that's fun yet educational. It was just for the daughters in the audience - it was for Moms, Grandmas, Aunts too!

Suzy Weibel was a GREAT emcee!! Hysterical, engaging & knew when to reel us in. She had everyone laughing - especially during the 'History of Fashion'. It was fun to watch how the styles have changed over the decades and telling my daughter who in our family used to dress in those styles (I think she was most mortified by the fact that I was a child of the 80's fashion).

The story of the clay & the potter - what a unique way to tell that story. Then to drive that point home, Suzy had EVERY woman in the audience put their hand on one part of their body that they hated. Then we all knelt at our chairs and turned those 'hates' over to God.


"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful and I know that full well." ~ Psalm 139:14
Each girl received a friendship bracelet. What made the bracelet even more special was that each was unique just like the girl who got it! Moms were instructed to tie the bracelet on their daughter's wrist & pray over them - a battle prayer. So true, so true.

Bible verses were everywhere. Ones that I'd heard time & time again, yet my eyes were opened to new meaning! My favorite:


"....May you rejoice in the wife of your youth
.....May you ever be captivated by her love." ~ Proverbs 5:18-19



The fashion show for the girls - UNBELIEVABLE! Modern fashion with slight alterations to make them modest. We learned 'Raise & Praise', 'Criss Cross Apple Sauce' and 'Peaks & Valleys'. You'll have to check their website to learn about them.

This was truly life changing. It got my daughter & I talking more. She wished she could have brought more friends & their moms. She can't wait to tell her friends at school what she learned. In less than 24 hours, I've seen a change in her. She's learning to LOVE herself exactly the way she is - because God made her that way & He loves her.

Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: