Lynnette asked her blog readers to list 10 charming, interesting, fun facts about ourselves. So, here I go! Feel free to join in too!! It was very eye opening for me - and my brain. Man, I had to think!
1. When I was a child, I desperately wanted to become a teacher for the deaf, mute & blind. Helen Keller was my hero! I even tried to learn Braille & sign language (I still can do the alaphbet in sign language).
2. At some point in her life, my paternal grandmother had her family tree done. She is related to Nikolas Capernicus (and they say Polish people are dumb).
3. In high school, I temporarily contemplated joining the Air Force so that I could fly planes. Because of having to wear glasses, I was told I wouldn't be able to become a pilot, so I opted to not join.
4. My ultimate dream job would be to become an FBI Profiler. Son of Sam in the 70's plays a big part in that. I remember his reign of terror & have always been facinated with the WHYs of his crime. I took psychology in high school and in college. Eventually, I would like to go back to school to get my degree in psychology.
5. I am an AVID reader! I love to read. When I was a kid, I would read by the light of the kitchen stove - often getting in trouble for staying up past my bedtime. I have been known to read 5 books in 1 day (it was a series & I needed to know what happened). I try not to take books out of the library because I like to OWN the books so I can read them over & over again.6. A boy I dated back in high school taught me about astronomy. Since then I have LOVED looking at stars. Knowing that I can look up here in Georgia & see Orion and my dad can see the same thing in New Jersey just reminds me of the vastness of the universe that God created. Orion is my favorite constellation.
7. 9/11/01 was a turning point in my life. Before that day, my father & I had a very rocky relationship. Events of that day, thinking that he had died in the towers, turned our lives around. I cannot imagine my life without him.
8. Lately I have contemplated learning how to make cakes just like on Ace of Cakes & Cake Boss. I'd like to team up with my sister, Christa, and have our own bakery. We'd call it 'Two Sisters Bakery'. If our youngest sister, Jessica, joined us then it could be 'Three Sisters'. There's something about the fun colors & shapes that you can do with cake that makes it look like a great job!
9. I would love to have more children, even though I have been advised to not have anymore. I would consider adoption - if it was more affordable. I would also consider being a foster parent. I grew up with 2 siblings, but we always had extra kids at the house. My parents were state foster parents and we also were part of an organization called 'Healing the Children' which brought children from 3rd world countries to America who needed critical medical help.
10. I'm a sucker for musicals! Phantom of the Opera, Moulin Rouge, High School Musical trilogy. We all have a soundtrack to our lives - songs that remind us of different times in our lives. Musicals are just that - life played out with music.
So, that's me in a nutshell! As I read this, I notice that I am ALL over the place in my likes. That's what makes me unique.