Tuesday, August 4, 2009

It's a new day

A friend once told me that depression is truly a medical condition. Many believe that depression is merely a figment of one's imagination, that you're not really 'in God' or that you just haven't prayed hard enough. Maybe there are cases such as these. But I can honestly say that my depression is medical. Medication does help - it doesn't mask the 'pain' but helps me sort things out. It doesn't numb me from feeling sadness, but it does help ease it a bit.

Why am I telling you this? Not to convince you to believe the same as I do. But to share a little bit more about me.

While I do believe that I have a medical condition called 'depression' , I do also believe that Satan can use our weaknesses to try to defeat us. That's what he's been trying in my life - especially when it comes to work. I am human, so it has been a struggle for me.

After another emotional meltdown, I awaken today with a new resolve. With the help of God, I will not allow Satan to grab a foothold in my life. The beauty of being a Christian is that I am covered by the blood of Christ - shed on a cross. When He rose 3 days later from the grave, He defeated Satan. Therefore, because of His blood & resurrection, Satan is defeated in my life as well. He's gonna fight like heck to grab hold & he's gonna fight dirty.

But it's a new day. I won't give in to the enemy today. Every day will be a new fight.. Today I begin again, with Christ by my side.

Many blessings,

Allison

No comments: