Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Fighting back the tears

How do you fight back the tears over something you're not all that upset about?

I just got word that I have been let go from my current job. Reason: not a personality fit. Sounds harmless, right? It has nothing to do with my actual personality. It's more about the fact that I stand up for myself and do not fear speaking up when needed.

For the past 10 months, I have been working in retail. While retail was certainly not my 1st choice, I think I've done a pretty good job making it work for my family. Without sacrificing my family, I did what I needed to help make that store successful.

Recently, I felt as though I was being taken advantage of. So, I spoke my mind. Not to get anyone in trouble, but to have my voice heard. Instead of righting the wrongs, they let me go.

I'm not hurt that I lost THAT job. I am bothered that I have been let go because I did something right.

God is in control & He's got something great planned. We just need to lean on Him & wait for Him to reveal the plan. For now, I'm gonna wallow in my self-pity party. I'm angry that I didn't leave on MY terms.

This too shall pass.

Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: