Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I can't contain myself!!!

Ginger Garrett is one of my favorite Christian authors - not because she's a friend either. If I didn't know her, I'd STILL love her books.

A few years ago, she was kind enough to bring me a few of her books to read. I couldn't put them down! My favorite, by far, was Chosen: The Lost Diaries of Queen Esther. Some would say that it is similar to 'One Night with the King'... I couldn't tell you. I haven't read that yet.

Back to Chosen. Ginger paints a vivid picture of Esther, Xerxes & their story. I got so wrapped up in the story that I forgot that it is a true story. Just open up your Bible to the Old Testament, find the book of Esther. Ta dah!

But Chosen is SO much more than the Biblical account. It really is a love story, but not your average love story. It's the love of God for His chosen people.

I lent my copy of Chosen to someone & haven't gotten it back. And if you KNOW me, you know that I need to keep my books. I re-read them constantly!! That's why I'm not good at borrowing books from the library. I never want to give them back.

Just last week, Ginger announced the re-release of Chosen. Sure, I could have bought a copy from Half.com, but some of the first editions are going for $90!! I love Ginger, but I'd rather pay HER $90 for her book - not a random stranger.

So, I'm starting a countdown!




Interested in pre-ordering, look no further: Chosen, Amazon.com
I know I'll be asking for a copy for my birthday!!!

Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: