Friday, February 19, 2010

Sleepless in Gainesville

It's 3:30 in the morning & I am WIDE awake. I've tried laying in bed. I just cannot fall asleep. There's something weighing on my heart, but I don't know what it is. Have you ever gotten that feeling? This deep weepy feeling in the pit of my chest. I'm on the verge of tears yet I don't know what I could possibly cry about.

I feel that I need to worship my Father & have been listening to some of my favorite worship CDs, but that's not it. There's something more.... something I just cannot put my finger on.

Could it be that this evening's "situation" affected more than I thought? I don't think so. It was so minuscule; just a blip on my radar really. Maybe I've seen the "stuff" my husband has to deal with as a teacher. I'm just not sure.

The 2 things that keep popping into my head right now:

1. "Be still and know that I am God" ~ Psalm 46:10
2. "It is well with my soul" ~ Horatio Spafford (1873)

I need to make these my prayer tonight, yet I just can't. Right now, my soul is not still. It's not a depressed feeling; just a 'yuck' feeling. Could it be I'm feeling a spiritual battle that is surrounding me?

No comments: