Friday, February 19, 2010

Casting stones

John 8:1-11 is a famous story. We all know the line from it "He who is without sin let him throw the 1st stone".

It is SO easy to look at other people's lives and throw stones at them. I'm just as guilty.

Tiger Woods' extra-marital activities has been a hot topic for months now. Today, he held a press conference apologizing for his actions. I'll admit, hearing him admit that he was unfaithful kind of ruffled my feathers. Unfaithful isn't exactly how I would describe what he has done. It is SO easy to sit in the privacy of my own home, compare my life to his and throw stones at him. I mean, seriously.... 10 women!!

Yet while listening to some great worship music (I've been in the mood to worship), I was convicted. I was listening to an old favorite made new again by Chris Tomlin: Amazing Grace The words have ALWAYS been a powerful reminder of how unworthy I am of His Grace, but today the lyrics really pierced my heart. The chorus "My chains are gone, I've been set free, My God, My Savior has ransomed me. And like a flood, His mercy reigns, unending love, amazing grace" hit me like a ton of bricks.

This song isn't just about me... it's not just about you either. It's about ALL of us, regardless of where we are in life. God's grace is for each of us... even Tiger Woods.

I pray that he & his wife know God. That, together, they can overcome this tragedy and the 3 of them (Tiger, Elin & God) can grow together.

Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: