Thursday, February 25, 2010

Amazing worship!

What do you get when you put a rockin' worship band, 1000+ high school students & 300+ small group leaders in one room? AMAZING WORSHIP!!!

Fee Band is currently one of my favorite Christian bands, not just because they're local. The words of their songs speak right to my heart; they get through all of the crap & really hit my soul. It is often that while listening to one of their songs God speaks to me. Music causes me to be still & really listen to what He has to say to me.

Last weekend our church hosted the annual MyLife weekend for high schools students from all 3 campuses (Browns Bridge, North Point & Buckhead). I've never been to MyLife, but my husband has. He always comes back exhausted & without a voice, but recharged by the connection he made with God and his high school boys.

Saturday night, the kids & I 'sneaked' into church to watch Fee perform. I'll admit it - I'm a groupie! Justin complained that it was too loud (he was tired). Chelsea really got into & started worshiping & raising her hands. That itself warmed my heart.

But the view from below was incredible! Hundreds of high schoolers & their leaders just worshiping God. Not caring what the person next to them would think about them. For that moment, these kids just let go.


I feel so blessed that we attend a church that our kids love to go to. They look forward to waking up on Sunday mornings. They WANT to go to church. For me & Craig, that is refreshing because we certainly were not like that at their age (at least I know I wasn't).

This weekend is Walking Wisely Weekend for the middle school students. Chelsea will be going. I'm bummed that I won't be there, but cannot wait to hear about her experience!! I pray that God will meet her in that place and speak to her heart.

If you're in the market for some great worship & are in the area tonight (2/24/10), stop by Browns Bridge Community Church for their Night of Worship (featuring Fee Band, Cori Moon & Seth Condrey). It's a wonderful night of prayer, worship & communion.

Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: