Saturday, February 27, 2010

Our journey begins....

It's finally here! I've been waiting for this weekend for 2 months now! Tonight (well, Friday night) we started our IMPACT classes to become foster parents.

I really thought this class was just going to be a bunch of information. Not that that would be bad.... but there's a lot of interaction and they ask for feedback. What would you do in this situation type stuff. Really interesting - and eye opening.

As I sat in the class, I couldn't help but wonder what God had in store for us. Of course, I also couldn't help but wonder if we would even be able to foster because of my history. Society has a tendency to look down upon those with depression or sexual abuse in their past. Yet, I was reassured. It's a God thing, I know. We were told tonight that those experiences that I've been through will actually be an ASSET; part of our strengths as foster parents. Chances are I will know what these children are going through. I'll be able to identify with them a little better. How reassuring!

Once again, God is using my past to help further HIS kingdom. He'll lead children to our home who will truly be able to benefit from the love & experience that we have to offer.

It's going to be an interesting ride and a bumpy one too!! I can't wait.

Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: