Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Chelsea!!!

Happy Birthday Chelsea!!

I just can't believe it! 11-years ago on July 14th, Chelsea Elizabeth was brought into this world. I'll be the 1st to admit that it was NOT as easy road, but it was worth every second!

The doctors had to induce me early in the morning. Labor pains started immediately. They were the WORST pain I had ever felt (even worse than the gas that I thought was labor 3 weeks before). After 12 hours of labor, it was time to push. I gave up - it was just too tired. I begged for a c-section! Once we got to the OR, things moved quickly. Unfortunately, the epidural started to wear off and they had to put me under. Last thing I remembered was counting to 10 backwards (I think I got to 8).

Next thing I remember is being woken by a nurse saying 'Congratulations Mrs. Ahrens. It's a girl!' Then I threw up on her - TWICE!

Several hours later, I finally got to hold my precious child.

And today, she turns 11!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHELSEA!!!

Many blessings,
Allison

1 comment:

Joyeful said...

Yeah! Happy Birthday Chelsea! I just found your site and I read your post on True Beauty and thought it was just awesome!!! I also visited the Secret Keeper site and am just so excited about it! I know my girl is little right now, but I want to be an example in my own life of purity and modesty--this is something God has really been speaking to me about.