Monday, July 6, 2009

Change is in the wind

I think.....

It's been rough lately. Life has been hectic, especially at work. It's tough to work somewhere where you know it's not your calling. I know this is a temporary job.

I've started applying for a few jobs. Came across my 'dream' job recently. It's in Forsyth County - part time victim advocate. Can't you see me doing that!?!?!? I mean, that's what I've been working towards. My goal - ok, part of my goal. But I definitely see it as a stepping stone for the road ahead.

Ultimately, I'd love to begin my own ministry. Get out in the public and tell my story. Tour high schools, colleges & youth groups; telling them about date rape & how you can overcome. There isn't a handbook on this stuff: Ministry for Dummies. (I wish!)

Anyway, on to a new topic.... Alaina

Stephanie has recently updated her blog. Alaina is making great strides in her healing (thanks to our Father). Of course, not as rapidly as everyone would like to see, but small steps forward are still steps forward. Alaina is going to be (she really already is) a testimony to God's faithfulness. I'm asking for continued prayer for her healing.. but also for Stephanie & Scotlon. This is tough on them. They are so very thankful that the Lord is working a miracle in their precious child, but get frustrated at the situation as well. Pray for their strength & patience.

Just purchased tickets for my daughter & I to road trip to Macon, GA to check out the Secret Keeper Girls conference. If you don't know anything about Secret Keepers, you've got to check them out - ESPECIALLY if you have a daughter between the ages of 8 - 12!!! Not quite sure how I found them, but I sure am happy that I did! Modesty, fashion, true beauty & God's word!

Oh well... time to finish up.

Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: