Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Just what I need....

I love my Heavenly Father. I can't say it enough. Just when I feel like the walls are closing in around me, God brings something to me that helps clear the webs.

Today's Gift (from Hazelden) read:

QUIET MY MIND

Dear Lord,
Teach me to quiet my mind.
Stop my thoughts from racing
from one thing to another.
Stop me from the obsessive
thinking about the lives of others.
Help me rest and quiet my mind.
Help me let go of trying to control the lives of others.
Free my mind to be at rest.
This I pray.


It's EXACTLY what I needed to hear. Yesterday wasn't such a good day here in the Ahrens household. Just when I take the power away from Satan with one part of my life, he scrambles to attack another. Anyway, yesterday was just a day. I was ready to binge. The worst part, I offered to go to the grocery store to pick up a few things for dinner. That's always dangerous for me.

See, I have no problem going to the store. That's the easy part. The hard part is getting OUT of the store with only the items I went to by. I'm not talking about picking up a few extra groceries. I WISH! Nope, we're talking about sneaking a few binge items, eating them on the way home, then feeling like crap afterward.

Again, God knew what was in my mind. My sponsor called me just as I was heading into the store & stayed on the phone with me while I shopped - helping me resist the temptation.

So today He gave me this prayer. It is SO fitting for me. I meant to apologize to a friend last night for not being supportive. I chickened out. I tried to rationalize it by reminding myself that I haven't gotten to the 'make amends' step yet. But I don't think I need to wait... I guess I should ask my sponsor.

For now, I'm asking God quiet my mind. He's proven to be faithful. I'm SO loved.

Many blessings,
Allison


No comments: