Monday, April 12, 2010

Honesty....

...is such a lonely word.

Or is it really? When you're honest, then your secrets no longer have power.

I went to my meeting tonight. Man, I needed it. Listening to a passage in the Lifeline, my eyes were opened. I am honest (to a point) about my addiction. Sure, I can scream it from the rooftops "My name is Allison & I am a compulsive over eater". I'm doing the homework my sponsor has asked of me (most of the time). But I have NO problem finding excuses as to why I don't call her every day or why I don't make 3 other daily phone calls.

Why haven't I started a meal plan? Because I need to fix the mental & spiritual before I can fix the physical. What a load of crap! That's the disease talking again. Sadly, the disease as the same voice as I do so sometimes I have a hard time recognizing it.

So, I'm going to be honest with you tonight. I need to start a food plan. I've got all the Weight Watcher tools that I'm going to need (thanks to my mother-in-law). Now I just need to read it, figure it out & start it. NO MORE EXCUSES!

I need to call my sponsor DAILY!! Whether she or I have company. Again - NO MORE EXCUSES!

I need to make a few other phone calls each day. Not just for them, but for me. Don't worry about 'interrupting'. If someone can't talk, they'll tell me. If they don't call back, it's not personal. NO MORE EXCUSES!!

I need to hang with God more. Not just when it's convenient for me... always. He is my strength that I need to overcome this battle. NO MORE EXCUSES!

Please feel free to check on me... feel free to email me (or call if you have my number) and check up on me. The more people holding me accountable, hopefully the more honest I'll become. This is a disease of isolation. I don't want to be isolated anymore.

Many blessings,
Allison

1 comment:

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

OK... I will be emailing you more often... I have some WW magazines if you want them... they have good recipes and other great ideas...