Monday, March 29, 2010

Where do I begin?

What started out as my 1st speaking engagement turned into a weekend that I will NEVER forget! I don't even know where to start when I try to talk about this weekend.

When I started out on Friday, I was nervous. Not just about getting up & talking. It was more about having different areas of my life 'meet'. I shouldn't have worried.. Kristin, Jo & Amanda got along from minute one (I'm a dork for even thinking that they wouldn't). 7 hours in a car - HYSTERICAL!!! Oh my the conversation!!

Ok... so our 4 bedroom cabin turned into a cabin with a 4 bed room. Hahahaha! One day I'll learn to read. Our cabin was right across the street from the ocean. We could see it from our kitchen window. All these years I've focused on my FEAR of the ocean and I had forgotten the BEAUTY & POWER of it. A beautiful reminder from my Heavenly Father.


All weekend God gave me gentle signs that I was where I was supposed to be; in the music, other people's words. By the time I got up to speak, I was still nervous, but I had such a renewed strength. Getting up to that microphone, I felt home. THIS was what I was called to do. I can't wait to do it again (not that I have another chance - yet. We know how God works).

I went into this with 3 friends, 1 acquaintance & 20+ strangers. I walked away with 3 BEST friends & 20+ NEW friends. My sisters in Christ.

God touched each one of us this weekend in profound ways. Ways that we've already heard about & ways that are still in the works.

I have been blessed by this group of women and I can't wait to see them again.

On our way home, heck I was already 8 miles from home, God sealed the weekend with a promise. HIS promise!



Many blessings,
Allison


P.S. I will be posting a transcript of my speech

1 comment:

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

I am so glad you had such an amazing time! Looking forward to hearing about new opportunities for you to speak!