Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Waters rising

This week has been one heck of a roller coaster ride for me. Baseball, mammograms, Zumba & my best friend moving. I feel like the rug has been pulled out from under me. Forget bringing me to my knees; I've landed flat on my butt.

Honestly, I want to just crawl in my bed and stay there for days. Wake me when it's over! But the rational part of my mind (the part that RARELY wins) is telling me to just get up & get on with life. Yes, my very-best-friend is moving to Iowa, but I can make the most of the rest of her time here. THAT is what a friend would do. I am going to break 'tradition' and not pull away. I am going to face this head on.

I am also waiting on test results. A lump was found in my right bre@st via mammogram & ultrasound. It could be a lymph node or a cyst or the C word. As much as I want to just think the worst, I have an overwhelming sense of peace. Whatever the outcome, my God is in control. It is a part of His story for me. Do I want cancer - HECK NO!!! Yet, if that is what's being dealt then so be it.

As usual, I turn to music. It's what makes up the soundtrack of my life. So, what am I listening to right now, during this tumultuous time? Casey Darnell's newest album, ANTHEM. Especially his song, When the Waters Rise. He wrote this song right after his wife suffered a miscarriage of their 2nd child. The story behind the song is BEAUTIFUL! I am using the words of this song as my prayer.

When the waters rise around me I am safe
In the valley Lord, you are near always
You have surrounded me by your grace
When my strength is gone, I won't be afraid
You are with me always

When there seems no way, You are here with me
And this life brings pain, You are here with me
I wont be afraid, You are here with me
You are all I need and You are here with me
~written by Casey Darnell

Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: