Friday, May 21, 2010

The story of Buddy

Sunday marks my son's 10th birthday. I can't believe my baby is going to be 10. Double digits - really, truly a tween.

The birth of our son was TOTALLY different than the birth of our daughter. He was a planned c-section. My mother came up from North Carolina for the birth - her birthday is May 22nd. My dad took the day off of work and hang out at the hospital too.

I remember hearing his cry for the first time. That was something that I didn't get when our daughter was born. The best was when our daughter (22 months) came to the hospital later that day to meet her new brother. As soon as she saw him she said 'Hi Buddy. I'm your big sister.' Talk about a melt-your-heart moment.

Here we are, almost 10 years later, they're still pretty good friends (as long as the planets are in alignment).

Happy Birthday Buddy!!!


2005 2010


Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: