Wednesday, May 12, 2010

SLACKER!!!

Yeah, that's right. I've been slacking with my blogging. WOW! No real excuse though. Maybe life hasn't been all that entertaining lately. Who knows.

Things have been pretty good. Still abstinent, which should be cause for celebration. Last week was a pretty rough week as a parent. Lots of school work issues. Thankfully we got those resolved - though we had to take away the cellphone for a while. Pretty effective.

Saturday was the Lupus Walk. I really wish I had brought my camera. The event was beautiful!!! Over 3000 people gathered to walk & raise awareness about Lupus. I was so blessed to be walking with my 2 sisters, my niece, my sister's boyfriend & my sister's friend. Ooh, and I cannot forget Gaby, my niece's friend.

Our 5K was changed to a 1.5 mile (which I hear is a 2.5K). Piedmont Park in Atlanta is BEAUTIFUL!! I can't believe I've lived here for 6 years now and that was the 1st time I had checked it out! Worth going back for.

Mother's Day was nice. It was a quiet day. I even got a nap!! Then we had some friends over for dinner - pulled pork sandwiches. YUMMY! Craig is quite the cook.

In other news, school is almost over. Just 2 1/2 weeks left before Craig and the kids are home for the summer. I've got mixed feelings. As much as I cannot wait to have them all home, this will be the 1st year that I have NOT worked during the summer. Which means we'll be together 24/7! I will be learning a LOT of patience this summer.

My new mantra:

In our weakness, there is strength.

I've heard it at my OA meetings time & time again. Yesterday, I heard it as a line in a song. Such a short sentence holds such powerful truth.

I'm doing life one day at a time. Learning that the only person who can fix me is me. That is the key to my recovery.

Not much else.... though you never know when I'll be struck with a new blog!

Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: