Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Healing my broken heart

A few days/weeks ago, I wrote about a heartbreak. This Sunday, for the 1st time in a LONG time, I finally gained a peace about the situation. My friend said something to me that opened my eyes. He said that he felt as though he didn't need to be my friend anymore.

My response was that we obviously had different definitions of friendship. I try to not put limitations on my friendship; no conditions. I know that everyone isn't like me - thank goodness for that. But that is when I realized that the friendship was truly over. There was no longer a NEED (though is there ever a need for a friendship?).

In that simple statement, my eyes opened wide and I was washed with a peace. God protected my heart to be able to hear the tough stuff, but He also gave me the insight to know that it is time.

I will forever cherish the friendship with my friend, but I know that God has something great in store for both of us seperate from one another.

God continues to wrap His arms of love around me and teaching me that HE is my friend - without conditions.

Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: