Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My cup runneth over

One of my favorite movies is 'Hope Floats'. Of course, my favorite line is "My cup runneth over". I think it accurately describes how I feel sometimes.

If you've been here for a while or just read the earlier blogs, you know that God blessed me with an amazing husband. Our marriage is not picture perfect. In fact, both of us will admit that there was a time where we would have considered divorce. Yet, through God & hard work we have made it through 11 years of marriage and have MANY more to look forward to.

I'm not the ideal wife - I know that. I have a tendency to be lazy when it comes to house work. Craig picks up the slack (and I LOVE him for it). He takes care of the every day minor details of life & I am always in the moment. I think a lot of that is because I work fulltime outside of the home & often feel 'guilty' that I don't spend enough time with my children.

Craig was kind enough to clean the windows & vacuum the floor of my car. However, I didn't notice it. He finally said something 3 days later. (Bad wife)

We're a work in progress and we are willing to fight for our marriage. I've got a lot of growing up to do. Kinda weird to say that at 37, but its true.

My husband's love is just a glimmer of God's love for me - unconditional & never-ending. Yet the love I feel for him & from him just overwhelms me to the point where I become speechless. Truly, my cup runneth over.

Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: