Thursday, May 21, 2009

He took my place....

A lot has been going on in my life lately. Stuff that has me really down. Not to mention the lovely S.A.D. that usually creeps up on me during this time of year. Tears have been at the forefront of my eyes for 2 weeks now. I've been feeling desperate & alone. It's been hard to keep things in perspective.



Tonight, on the way home from having dinner with friends, I heard the lyrics to a Hillsong song 'To Know Your Name'. I REALLY heard them. They spoke to me. My heart heard them.



He took my place
Knowing He'd be crucified.

What a picture! Jesus went to the cross for ME knowing full well that He would be put to death. He did it all for ME (and YOU). Even before I was even in existence, He went up on that cross to show me how much He loves me. That's not even the best part!!! Not even Death could keep Him down. He rose 3 days later to fulfill a prophecy.



For God SO loved the world
That He sent His one and only Son
That whosoever believes in Him
Will NOT perish, but have eternal life. ~ John 3:16



Do you know that He took YOUR place too? Knowing that He would be humiliated on that cross. Beaten & abused. Tortured like a common criminal even though He was anything but. He endured that because He loves us unconditionally. Even if you don't believe in Him, He still loves you.

I'll be honest. I question God & His plan for me. Often, I don't feel as though I can handle what is being dealt. Yet, deep in my heart I know that God only gives me what He knows I can handle. Just a little bit more than what I think I am capable of so that the next time I can handle just a little bit more.

Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: