Monday, April 27, 2009

Mending a broken heart...

...and that heart is mine.

I lost the friendship of a great friend today. Someone who has been part of my support system for over 6 years. I guess I've been feeling that the friendship was strained lately - drifting apart. Yet I thought we would always been in one another's life.

He ended it with me. Man, that sounds like a break-up, but I guess it is. It's been a long time since I had a friend 'officially' break up with me. Usually they just fizzle. Yet this friendship, maybe because it ended suddenly, is really hurting me. I never thought it would end.

It's a long, drawn-out story; one that I might go into another time. Just pray for me. Pray that God heals my heart. And pray for my friend. He's hurting too. I pray that God gives him peace in life & happiness. I wish him love as our lives move to something new.

I'll nurse my broken heart with prayer & worship.

Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: