Saturday, April 11, 2009

Jesus paid it all......

Phew! I'm back from vacation. I've got so much to say, but that's another post for another day.

Tonight, we settled in from our trip and gathered together to read the Easter story. No matter how many times I hear this story, it always amazes me. Just how human Jesus was... kneeling in the Garden, praying to his Father. He asked for another way, yet knew that God's will needed to be done.

Easter isn't about the events of Thursday or Friday... it's ultimately about the great event that happened on Sunday morning - Jesus' resurrection. That is what separates Christianity from other world religions. HE ROSE FROM THE DEAD!!! Yes, He died on the cross, but He defeated death by rising again!

Lord, now indeed I find
Thy power and Thine alone,
Can change the leper’s spots
And melt the heart of stone.

Jesus paid it all,
All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow.

O Praise the one who paid my debt
And raised this life up from the dead!

No comments: