Thursday, February 12, 2009

Listening to God

"Be still and know that I am God" ~ Psalm 46:10

For quite some time I've been volunteering in different children ministries at church and LOVING every minute of it. Yet, lately I've been feeling that it's time to move on to another area. Something different. God is leading me in a new direction. Moving on to something new isn't what scares me - it's leaving something that I've been SO involved in. Would there be someone who I could 'trust' to take over?

Two weeks ago, I got my answer. I finally told someone that I was considering leaving one of the ministries. Not an hour later, they came to me with a new volunteer and someone who was willing to be captain. God provided someone who loves that ministry just as much as I do. This change in my life is God ordained. On to stage 2.

Volunteering with the rape crisis center - WOW!! Exactly where I'm supposed to be. Again, the only thing that would make this perfect would be if it was a paying gig. Being a victim advocate - my dream job!! Or is it? Today I had the opportunity to meet with a SANE nurse (sexual assault nurse examiner) and I think I just might want to go that route... I'd have to work in the ER for at least 2 years before I could be assigned to rape cases, but the thought of doing forensic investigation really peaks my interest. We'll see.... for now, I'm ready to volunteer.

I have to say God has really been speaking to Craig & I a lot lately, confirming decisions in our lives. It's been amazing! I am a no one, but to God I am SOMEONE. He's taken the time to speak to me... to use me to do His work. It reminds me that God uses anyone!! Rahab, Mary Magdelene, tax collectors, fishermen. You don't have to be perfect for God to use you... in fact, He has a tendency to use 'less-than-perfect' people to do His work & further His kingdom.

Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: