Monday, August 9, 2010

I am ok

It's official... the kids are back to school. Slugger couldn't wait and Songbird was a panicked mess. All in all, I'm expecting it to be a good day.

I've been nervous about what this day would bring for me. I am alone in the house. There is no one here to chat with (besides Pablo) or entertain me (besides Pablo). This is when I usually do one of two things:
  • endlessly eat
  • endlessly sleep & forgetting to eat
Since both would require me to break my abstinence, I've been hard pressed to NOT do either.

I'll admit, I DID nap this morning. And it felt WONDERFUL!!!! Sure, there were probably a million things I COULD have been doing instead, but I just wanted to take this morning to nap. Recharge.

Now I'm ready to go. Well, mentally I'm ready to go. I've had my breakfast. I've just finished my lunch. Need to hop into the shower & run a few errands.

Kristin's moving away this week too. For the first time in my life, I have NOT pushed someone away as they prepare to leave. I'm sticking this out and dealing with the pain. It's not the end of a friendship. Hardly. It's just the end of this chapter in our lives. I hesitantly look forward to the next chapter & what God has in store for BOTH of us. We came into each others when we needed a friend. I am blessed that I can help send her off.

My verse for today:

"My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." ~ 2 Cor. 2:9

This truly applies to ALL areas of my life. It is when I am weak that God's strength shines through. Today I will not wallow in my weakness. I will revel in God's strength.

Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: