Sunday, March 1, 2009

In the midst of my Father

I tend to be a person who expresses themselves through music. Especially when it comes to my faith. Showing my Heavenly Father just how much I love him without worrying about others around me.

Thursday night was just that time. Our church, Browns Bridge Community Church, did a Night of Worship; music, prayer & communion. I love my church - each Sunday I get fed. There's never any doubt that the Holy Spirit is in that place. But Thursday, that was just awe inspiring.

The music was outstanding. Typical of our church, but kicked up a few levels. Having the opportunity to pray with others around me for specific topics - that's new to the church. Gathering in small groups and just praying for the community, the church, & the country.

Tyler Reagin, works at the church, spoke and his words, while simple, were just SO on point. God isn't just something, He's EVERYTHING. He sent his Son to die for us - not because we are something, we're His EVERYTHING! Really put things into perspective for me.

To see hundreds of people taking communion together, most in tears & humbled in the presence of God. I had my own moment that night; a moment that brought me to tears. One that made me reevaluate my life and recommit to it.

Then to worship again - arms stretched out to God. You could feel His Spirit in that place. There was a heaviness yet you didn't feel oppressed by it... it was freeing. Just worshiping Him and thanking Him. Words alone just cannot describe it.

Friends, if you get the chance & you're in the Atlanta area for Easter, the next Night of Worship is April 10th. It's an event that you DON'T want to miss. Bring the kids, your neighbors or family. Go alone. I promise you will not be disappointed.

Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: