Thursday, March 26, 2009

Modesty, battering & tweens

A few weeks ago, Kohl's announced that Britney Spears was to be the new spokeperson for Candie's brand. As a Christian mother of a pre-teen girl (I'm sorry, TWEEN) I had to admit, I was VERY disappointed. Granted, I'm not a huge Kohl's shopper, but I know many families who are. What I can say is that Britney Spears does NOT embody the role model that I want for my children. So, I've opted to boycott Kohl's.

Where's a mother to go for great clothes, yet still maintaining modesty? One word: TARGET! This is the 2nd season that we have had tremendous luck at Target. The clothes are SUPER cute, priced right AND appropriately modest (without looking like a nun).

Switching topics.... how do you talk to your child/children about current affairs that you think are relevant to their lives? I've been trying to broach the Rhianna/Chris Brown topic with my children, but how do you build up to that conversation? I want Chelsea to know that a man who lays a hand on her does not respect her and does NOT deserve a 2nd chance. And I want Justin to know that he should treat any girl the way he would treat me - with respect. I'm not even sure they know who Rhianna & Chris Brown are... I'll figure it out.

Many blessings,
Allison

P.S. Please keep praying for Stellan

No comments: