Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Loaves & fish

Once again, church made me think.

Yesterday was Strategic Service Sunday. That's when they do a sermon about volunteering at church. Heaven knows I do not need to volunteer in any more places. I've got myself spread out pretty thin as it is.

Our campus pastor spoke about when Jesus fed the 5000 on just 5 loaves & 2 fish. That's one of my favorite stories. I remember as a kid, we would get a plastic bank in the shape of a bread loaf for our extra change. Not quite sure where the money went, but it really didn't matter to me. 

Yet yesterday, I got to see the story in a different light. You see, yesterday our pastor told the story from the little boy's perspective. Here was this young boy, giving all he had over to help feed people. I mean, seriously it was a sweet gesture but did he really think it was going to help?

But it did help... he gave his all and Jesus did something miraculous with it. By the power of God, he was able to multiply that measly meal into a buffet that fed 5000 men, plus women and children.

All God asks of us is for all that we have. It'll be up to Him to do something miraculous.

That just reminds me of volunteering in Transit - the middle school environment. I certainly have not felt equipped to be there. But God just wants me to show up.... He'll do the rest.

So, are you giving Him all that you have?

Many blessings,




No comments: